|DYING TO LIVE
HIS GLORY REIGNS
Oct 12, 2007
Every decision to do what God wants you to do puts you on the cross (death of your old self nature) and leads to the
resurrection of a new self nature. Every decision you make to do what you want to do takes you off the cross and the
process is repeated until resurrection.
* When you are forgotten, neglected, purposely set at naught and you don't hurt with insult at the oversight - this is
dying to self.
* When your good is evil spoken of, when your wishes are not granted, when your advice is disregarded, when you
refuse to let anger rise in your heart or try to defend yourself, but you take it all patiently, in loving silence - this is
dying to self.
* When you are content with any food, climate, society, and interpret it as the will of God - this is dying to self.
* When you patiently bear any disorder, irregularity, or annoyance; when you stand face to face with waste, folly,
insensibility, and endure it as Jesus did - this is dying to self.
* When you see a brother/sister prospering and you can honestly rejoice with him/her without any feelings of envy
even though as yet your needs remain not provided for - this is dying to self.
- When you aren't concerned with referring to self in conversation, recording your own good works, or itching after
commendations: when you can truly love to be unknown - this is dying to self.
* When you can receive correction an reproof from one of less stature than yourself and you can humbly submit both
inwardly and outwardly without resentment or rebellion in your heart - this is dying to self.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE DEAD IN AN AREA WHEN IT DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE!
WHAT GOD USES TO KILL OUR FLESH
* Respect of lines of authority.
* Circumstances which happen out of our control.
* People we cannot control.
* Personalities that irritate us.
* Divine disappointments.
* Divine failures.
* Divine delays.
|LIFE IN JESUS-MINISTRIES